Database descriptions, statistical standards (resolutions and guidelines), and guides and manuals – all the metadata to better understand the labour statistics presented on ILOSTAT.
Meeting documents from the International Conferences of Labour Statisticians (ICLS) from 1923 to the present are organized by session.
21st ICLS - 11 to 20 October 2023
Room document 7 – New modular LFS tools for statistics on own use provision of services
Room document 8 – Standardising statistical definitions and measurement guidance on care work
Room document 9 – Work related income – amendment of existing standards and guidance and future directions
Room document 20 – Making full use of administrative data – A case for administrative records as a complementary source of labour statistics
Room document 22 – Progress in forced labour statistics since 2018
Room document 25 – National practices in measuring work-based learning
Room document 26 – Unlocking the Power of Microdata: Enhancing International Comparability and Data Availability in ILOSTAT
Room document 27 – Labour Market Information Systems (LMIS): Maximizing the potential of labour market data and analysis for effective policymaking
The Director-General proposes the following agenda:
- general report on past and planned statistical activities of the ILO since the last ICLS in October 2018;
- revision of the standards for statistics on informality;
- examination of concepts, statistical definitions and measurement methods of issues relevant for decent work, including indicators identified under ILO’s custodianship in the Global Indicator Framework set up for monitoring the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda; violence and harassment at work; International Standard Classification of Occupations (ISCO-08); international labour migration; child labour; forced labour; and cooperatives.
Tripartite Meeting of Experts in Labour Statistics on the Revision of the Standards for Statistics on Informality, Geneva, 7-10 February 2023:
- Report for discussion
- Country practices for measuring informal sector and informal employment
- Dependent Contractors and the framework of the informal economy
- Defining informality for contributing family workers
- Conceptual Framework for Statistics on the Informal Economy
- Contextualising informality: The Informal Economy Indicator Framework (draft)
- Report from the meeting
20th ICLS - 10 to 19 October 2018
The Conference adopted four resolutions concerning statistics on work relationships, child labour and the methodology of SDG indicators on labour rights and youth employment.
19th ICLS - 2 to 11 October 2013
The Conference adopted five resolutions concerning statistics of work, employment and labour underutilization; further work on forced labour, cooperatives and labour migration; and the functioning of the Conference.
18th ICLS - 24 November to 5 December 2008
The Conference adopted resolutions concerning statistics of working time and child labour; logistics of the Conference; and further work on measuring labour underutilization and decent work.
Resolution V: Resolution on the amendment of paragraph 5 of the resolution concerning statistics of the economically active population, employment, unemployment and underemployment adopted by the 13th International Conference of Labour Statisticians (October 1982)
17th ICLS - 24 November to 3 December 2003
The Conference adopted three resolutions concerning: household income and expenditure statistics, consumer price indices, and further work on the International Standard Classification of Occupations.